- I have food to eat and a roof over my head (I know many people don’t)
- Although I sometimes complain that there’s not enough money for the month I know people who have to beg on the street corner for their next meal. Thank you, God that I am not one of them and help me be considerate and giving the next time I pass by.
- I am proud to be an American and embrace my heritage. I live in another country currently, but I never lose sight of my homeland.
- I have a family who loves me. Maybe they don’t always understand me, but they love me in spite of my shortcomings. I am thankful for each member of my family and I love them all equally.
- I am thankful for good health. I recently got over a bout of strep throat and I know how wonderful it is to feel good. I know many people who would change places with me, even though I have severe back issues. Most days are manageable, though, and I thank God I don’t have to be in a wheelchair any more or use assistive devices to get around.
- I am thankful for my creative abilities. Sometimes I get frustrated but I realize my talents are God-given and I am to give back – and I try!
- I am thankful for my friends. Since I do live in another country, friends are your “extended” family. Of course, sometimes we have differences, just like our real families, but we celebrate holidays together, and band together when times are hard. I am fortunate to have a wonderful group of these friends.
- I am thankful for my home. There are things I don’t like about it, but when I stop to think about it, it’s just right for my husband and me. Lots of room for my creative endeavors and room for him to do the things he likes to do. The fact that it’s a little farther from friends and events really doesn’t matter. We’ve made it a home and it fits us.
- I am thankful for transportation. I don’t think of this often in the US, unless one of the vehicles breaks down. But here in Mexico, where we don’t have a car, I am thankful that we have a great bus system and cab system in the city. It’s not hard or expensive to get around and the walking we have to do is healthy.
- I am thankful for the wonderful fresh fruits, vegetables and other food we have available.
- I am very thankful for my wonderful church here in Mexico and the ability to lead the choir. We have a very special church family and we love getting together.
- I am thankful for my cleaning lady. She makes my week easier because she does all the hard work for me. I always make sure to appreciate her lots!
These are only a few of the many things I am thankful for today. In light of that fact, I’d like to offer you a free download of my book, INZARED, Queen of the Elephant Riders. It will be free on Amazon November 22-24. Please download, read, and enjoy. I would be very grateful if you’d leave a review on Amazon, too. I am thankful to be an author and I love writing – your reviews are what keep me going.
Check out INZARED, Queen of the Elephant Riders by L.Leander here:
Places to find L.Leander:
Visit my other blog: